'It's not as if I've killed anyone' - Balotelli begrudgingly apologises

A



Following his dismissal against Napoli for arguing
with the officials, the Milan striker conceded his
actions were inappropriate, however, still
attempted to play down the incident
Mario Balotelli has reluctantly apologised for his antics
during Milan’s 2-1 defeat to Napoli on Sunday.
After scoring a late consolation goal at San Siro, the
forward was sent off following a second yellow card
after the final whistle for remonstrating furiously with
the officials, and will now serve a three-match ban for
misconduct.
Milan opted against filing an appeal on the striker’s
behalf, and with criticism of his behaviour coming from
all corners , Balotelli has reluctantly decided to admit his
mistakes.
“First of all I am sorry for my team-mates,” said
Balotelli to La Gazzetta dello Sport . “They train and
work hard with me, so with this gesture I left them
alone. I also feel guilty for the fans, who care so much,
and of course the club."
And though he was slightly less charitable towards
match official Luca Banti, Balotelli still attempted to
make his apologies for confronting him after the
match.
“I also apologise to the referee, as I should not have
reacted that way. I do realise I have to resist in certain
situations,” he reflected.
”But against Napoli it was the same old story, the fouls
against me don’t seem to count, but as soon as I do
anything, [it’s a foul]. I just want others to be punished
for fouling me the same way I am for fouling them.”
However, the striker was also at pains to suggest that
his apology was meant as repentance towards those
who had chastised him, adding: “Mario got it wrong
and Mario apologises, but I don’t want to apologise to
everyone because it’s not as if I killed someone.”
Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola commended the striker for
his openness, and insisted that his apology did not
come as a result of the condemnation faced in the
wake of his dismissal.
“This is what Mario wanted to do, it’s something that
comes from his heart, no one forced him,” said Raiola
to Milan's official channel. “If he does not want to do a
thing, he does not do it.
“The boy has decided to apologise because he knows he
has disappointed his team-mates, the fans and the
club.”

Comments