Ribery: I work harder than Messi & Ronaldo



The France international thinks he contributes
more from a defensive perspective to his team
than the Liga stars do for their respective sides
Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery believes he works
harder on the pitch than his main rivals for the Fifa
Ballon d'Or , Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The France international played a key role in Bayern's
historic treble win in 2012-13 and has been an
impressive form in the opening months of the new
season, making him one of the favourites to dethrone
the Barcelona star.
"Compared to them, I work much harder. I do a lot
more defending than Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and
provide more assists," Ribery told Kicker .
"It would be fantastic to actually win the Fifa Ballon
d'Or when you have a shot at winning it.
"I have even more confidence in myself than before
and that shows on the pitch. I am on top of my game
and score a lot of goals. I am really enjoying myself on
the pitch."
Messi has won the Ballon d'Or three times in a row
since the award merged with the Fifa World Player of
the Year accolade in 2010.

Comments