Tendulkar to retire from all cricket




Legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar will retire
from all forms of cricket after playing his 200th
Test next month.
The 40-year-old former India captain, who retired from
one-day internationals in December 2012, will end his
career with two matches against West Indies.
"It's hard to imagine a life without playing cricket
because it's all I've ever done since I was 11," he said.
Tendulkar is the highest scorer in both Tests and ODIs,
with 15,837 runs in 198 Tests and 18,426 runs in 463
ODIs.
He made his international debut aged 16 in November
1989 and last year became the only batsman in the
history of the game to reach 100 international
centuries.
"All my life, I have had a dream of playing cricket for
India. I have been living this dream every day for the
last 24 years," he said.
Former England captain Michael Vaughan tweeted:
"One of the greatest ever Sachin Tendulkar is retiring.
One of my heroes and an absolute joy to play against.

Comments