You can't compare Mourinho with Ancelotti, says Varane



different styles and revealed he is ready to fight for
his place after making his comeback from injury
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane insists Jose
Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti cannot be compared due
to their different approaches to coaching.
The Italian replaced outgoing boss Mourinho during the
summer, with the Portuguese returning to the Premier
League with Chelsea after three years in charge at
Santiago Bernabeu.
Varane emerged as a crucial part of Mourinho's plans
during the latter months of his spell in Spain, but he
stresses he has a good relationship with new boss
Ancelotti, despite his different style on the training
pitch.
"You can't compare Mou with Carlo, they have very
different styles," he was quoted as saying by Marca .
"But I get on very well with the new coach."
Varane played his first game in five months in midweek
against Copenhagen in the Champions League, and the
Frenchman admits it has been an arduous process of
recovery following surgery on his knee.
"I think it's been a very delicate operation, changing my
stance and the way I run. That's why I've had to be
careful and take my time," he continued.
"It's been quite a lengthy injury and it's a pleasure to
return and experience the good feeling of being on the
pitch.
"I'm not at 100 per cent yet because I've only had one
game. It's been hard. At 20 years old I'm eager to play
and to watch from the sidelines isn't easy. But I'm back,
I'm happy and I'm ready to fight for my place. My knee
has responded well and I've had no problems."
Varane was also included in the France squad to face
Finland in this month's crucial World Cup qualifier, and
the 20-year-old says he is thrilled to have been included
in Didier Deschamps' plans.
"I'm proud to represent my country. I'm ready to
return for France. The coach is in contact with all the
players and we have a normal relationship."

Comments